Please click on Position links below for more information.
Jailer - City of Hurst, TX (ID: 361914)
|City / Organization||City of Hurst, TX|
|Website||Click Here for the Position Listing|
Join Team Hurst
The City of Hurst is seeking a Jailer. The Hurst Police department is a community-based agency offering modern, professional, and courteous service to the citizens of Hurst. The Jail division within the Police department consists of nine teammates and assists in providing a 24-hour response to the needs of the community.
A Jailer coordinates inmate processing and detention while ensuring the safe and humane treatment of inmates in the City Jail. The position requires the ability to learn basic criminal and traffic laws, code of criminal procedures, City of Hurst Municipal Code, Hurst Police Department General Orders Manual and City of Hurst Employee policies, as well as adhering to the City of Hurst Code of Ideals. This individual must be available to work 40 hours per week with overtime as needed across all shifts; days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Salary and Benefits:
The Jailer position is full-time and starts at a base rate of $17.56 per hour. The City of Hurst provides a comprehensive benefits package for employees and their families. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, long term care and disability coverage, as well as other optional programs. The City participates in Social Security and the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). Employees enjoy personalized support for well living through the City’s Healthy Hurst initiative.
The position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid State of Texas driver's license with a good driving record. The City will provide the necessary training needed to be successful in the Jailer position.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Books, fingerprints, and photographs inmates in the City Jail.
2. Searches prisoners, including strip searches of same gender.
3. Stores and maintains inmate property and logs evidence when appropriate.
4. Sorts, files and maintains records and materials related to jail operations.
5. Performs laundry duties which includes lifting and carrying a bucket of laundry detergent weighing approximately 45 lbs. from storage to laundry room and transferring washed material weighing approximately 20 lbs. from washer to dryer.
6. Serves meals to prisoners.
7. Responds to telephone inquiries pertaining to inmate bonds, charges, etc.
8. Assists in maintaining clean jail area which includes pushing/pulling mop bucket to various areas in the jail (force = 20 lbs., frequency = 2/day, distance = 50 ft.).
9. Searches cell areas.
10. Obtains and maintains TCIC/NCIC access.
11. Completes and updates sex offender registration as assigned.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Application Instructions: Apply online at www.hursttx.gov/openpositions.
The City of Hurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer