Please click on Position links below for more information.
Assistant Director of Development Services - City of Corpus Christi, TX (ID: 332255)
|Title||Assistant Director of Development Services|
|Type||Planning,Zoning and Development Services|
|City / Organization||City of Corpus Christi, TX|
|Website||Click Here for the Position Listing|
Assist the department Director in planning, organizing, and coordinating all programs, functions and activities of the Development Services Department to fulfill Unified Development Code, Engineering criteria and field inspection requirements of the City of Corpus Christi. This position assists the Director by providing leadership on an organization-wide and community basis to ensure services are provided in alignment with the City's strategic objectives including evaluating personnel and program performance and preparing and administering the department budget.
The Assistant Director serves in a senior leadership role to support the department Director through long term strategic planning and displaying sound judgement in department programs and services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Improve department efficiency by meeting with staff either individually or in groups to review specific or general work assignments; providing guidelines and direction to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of allocated resources in meeting departmental goals and requirements
· Maintain accounting controls by monitoring departmental expenditures for compliance with purchasing policies and procedures; monitoring actual expenditures and revenues relative to budget amounts; and resolving related issues as required
· Prepare annual budget for Director and Budget review by evaluating current fiscal year revenues and expenditures; developing projections for the remainder of the fiscal year; forecasting anticipated revenues and expenditures in the upcoming fiscal year; monitoring and adjusting fee schedules; and supervising preparation of all supporting documentation
· Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over employees in the technical details of property development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Certifications, Licenses of Other Requirements
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience
Please apply online at www.cctexasjobs.com for consideration.